Monday, November 16, 2009

Mason Jars

So!!! It should not be a hard thing to can, preserve or put things up and it should not be expensive. I searched Little Rock over and could not find affordable 8 oz. canning jars. That seems really silly to me. Our local food mart carries a variety of over-priced canning items and after today's venture on-line they seemed reasonably priced.
So I called my mom Judy, she is the lady of know, and told me to call Ace Hardware. They carry canning supplies year round at a reasonable price. Wow, I was starting to get worried.
For Christmas I am making Red and Green Hot Pepper Jelly, no food coloring added, and a variety of chutneys in the next week. I will also be making a mint jelly that should be great with lamb or pork. If you are reading this and will cook with mint jelly let me know and I'll try to get some to you. Maybe share a recipe.

No comments: